Do you have to constantly tell the dog or cat to get off of the furniture? Give them their own place to sleep and make one of these Cute Pet Beds Using Pallets!
Cute Pet Beds – Tools & Supplies Needed:
- 1 pallet
- jigsaw and a reciprocating saw (or you can use a circular saw in place of the jigsaw)
- sander with 100 grit paper
- hammer and nails
- stain or paint, paint brush, drop cloth
- safety tools (gloves, goggles, breathing protection)
- SAW the pallet in half lengthwise. Then, cut the half piece again into halves.
- MEASURE the depth of the pet bed. It’s 17.3 in.
- CUT: You’ll need six pallet deck boards cut to 17.3″ (two for the top, two for the side, and two for the legs).
- CUT: one deck board from the rest of the first halved pallet and trim it to 13.7″ long. Then, cut one pallet block free.
- CREATE the entryway: saw an 8.6″ gap on either side that you choose – we used the right side of the pallet for this project.
- ATTACH the cube to the sticks left by the entry – it will be the left side of it.
- SAND the surface completely with a 100 grit paper. You can use a rotary tool for the edges and hard-to-reach spaces.
- BRUSH the dust off completely (or use an air compressor and blow it off – but use eye and breathing protection).
- STAIN the surfaces and let it dry completely.
- JOIN the remaining parts with nails.
- HAVE FUN: To make your pet bed more impressive, paint little paws on it with a contrasting paint.
Don’t forget to check the tutorial video too!!! :)
You can find us on YouTube, Facebook and also on Instagram! Be sure to like and share us there too, please! ;)
Need more ideas for awesome ways to make your pets happy and comfortable? Check out this outrageous cat house!