The build of this wood pallet workbench or potting bench is very simple! Let's see how I've made it with the step-by-step instructions below:
- Take two wood pallets, partially de-board one of the two pallets. Cut the second one across behind the second set of blocks. Keep the bit you cut off for shelving.
- Use the boards from the first wood pallet to fill in the spaces on the part of the pallet you just cut. I had to rip my boards to fit. Screw or nail the boards in place to make a platform. See pics below.
- Now for legs: I would normally use pallet stringers, however, I have no pallets with stringers. So, I managed to obtain some 75mm by 50mm fence rails in poor condition but with the aid of my angle grinders and 40 grit sanding disk, I was able to make them presentable. I cut my legs to 80 cm then screwed them to my platform. To add stability I then added braces.
- Next, I screwed the remaining part of the pallets to the platform for shelving and or places to hang tools.
- The last part was sanding. Depending on where you want to use this pallet workbench, you may have to apply protective oil or varnish.