I designed these on the fly. I incorporated other wood assembly techniques from other projects I had made from pallet wood. First I made one stool and decided to make a few changes. For example, my prototype stool had a seat that was a bit narrow. I decided to make the other three stools wider which made the stool more stable. I also decided that I liked the look of the nail heads and nails (hammered down) in the wood to give them the rustic flare I was looking for. By using a Sawzall, I cut the nails as opposed to the very labor-intensive chore of removing the spiral nails in the disassembly of the pallets. Making one stool, including disassembling of the pallet and sanding took approximately 6-8 hours. The most difficult part was making the support pieces for the angled backs.