To build this classic garden sofa:
- 8 standard euro pallets,
- treated with a 50/50 mixture of turpentine spirit/linseed oil to protect from weather conditions.
Construction of three movable blocks consisting of two stacked pallets each:
- pallets are joint with 8x100mm bolts and self-locking nuts,
- each block is equipped with four heavy duty castors (here); two of them are braked (here).
- Foam filling ordered here:
- Meridian: 1 x 120cmx80cmx10cm @ 24kg/m3
- Sofa seating : 2 x 120cmx70cmx10cm @24kg/m3
- Sofa backs: 2 x 120x50cmx10cm @ 16kg/m3
- Heavy dark gray cotton cloth 8mx1.5m ordered here. Velcros are sewed at the bottom of each seat for steady fixing with pallets. Each element is equipped with a 120cm zip for eased removal for cleaning.