I designed these on the fly. I incorporated other wood assembly techniques from other projects I had made from pallet wood. First I made one stool and decided to make a few changes. For example, my prototype stool had a seat that was a bit narrow. I decided to make the other three stools wider which made the stool more stable. I also decided that I liked the look of the nail heads and nails (hammered down) in the wood to give them the rustic flare I was looking for. By using a Sawzall, I cut the nails as opposed to the very labor intensive chore of removing the spiral nails in the disassembly of the pallets. Making one stool, including disassembling of the pallet and sanding took approximately 6-8 hours. The most difficult part was making the support pieces for the angled backs.