My sister wanted a kind of rustic hanger for her clothes. I added a modern touch, though. I sanded the wood but since it was too "white" for my taste, I used a blow torch to darken it a bit...I rounded the corners with my router, then glued and screwed the planks together. Finally, I applied teak oil and transparent wood varnish. Using the blow torch again (to heat the forks) and a pair of pliers with a rounded nose, I made the curves. So as to paint the forks, I dipped them in a paint can and hanged them to dry. The whole thing took me about two days of work (two mornings) mostly due to the waiting time between repainting.