When I saw this gorgeous wood, I couldn’t resist making it into a Naturally Sun-bleached Pallet Coffee Table. This is made from only one pallet. Nothing was done to the pallet to create this color – this was a natural occurrence. I coated the table with three coats of water-based Varathane.
Naturally Sun-bleached Pallet Coffee Table:
This is a simple build. First, cut the two pallet stringers into four legs. next, create a table frame and secure it to the four legs. Then, cut the deck boards to length and fit them the way you like. I added a center cross-support to prevent any sagging. Secure the deck boards in place with fasteners of your choice. Then, we sanded it down to the smoothness we wanted. Finally, We finished with three coats of water-based Varathane, sanding lightly between coats.
Naturally Sun-bleached Pallet Coffee Table Editor’s note:
Editor’s note: Safety first! ALWAYS follow all safety guidelines:
- When using any power tool – read the manuals & wear appropriate safety gear as recommended by the manufacturer, as well as other safety precautions.
- If using any paints, solvents, sealants, paints, finishes, etc.
- Always use protective wear, including eye protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection and gloves at a minimum when dismantling pallets.
- Please don’t get near those tools while under the influence – we want you all around for a long time!
- Remember – we are not experts. This information provided is for inspiration and entertainment only.