I made this farmhouse pallet table for my wife to match the veggie/fruit storage rack I previously made and posted here (Note the Veggie/Fruit storage rack in the back round).
- 2 x 1800mm x 1500mm pallets.
- 2 x 1200mm x 1200mm pallets.
- Glue, chipboard screws, brad nails, wood filler.
- Board primer water-based (1l White + 1l Tinted Grey)
- 1 x 5l Glaze coat water-based (You will have plenty left for many other projects).
- Dismantle the pallets (check out several methods to dismantle a pallet).
- Then cut the pallet planks to the required lengths, it will depend on the table size you want to build.
- Made them as I went along (Winged it but worked around the below dimensions):
- Table = 1530mm x 900mms x 700mm
- Benches = 1200mm x 380mm x 480mm
- the cutting list can be worked out on request
- Planned & sanded the pallet planks.
- Used the pallet support beam to have legs turned for the table legs and bench legs (this is optional can be left squared and it would look perfectly fine).
- All pieces were then painted before assembling.
- Table & benches were assembled.
- Edges routed and repainted.
- Tabletop & bench tops were sanded with a belt sander as to reveal the wood grain slightly and to give it a semi-rustic look.
- The frames of the benches and the table were also lightly hand sanded to create a light rustic weathered look.
- Glaze coat was then applied to all pieces to seal finishing and items.
Happy Wife, Happy Life.