This Pallet Butterfly Planter Wall Art only took about 5 hours to make, and it was an easy build. It can be just wall art alone, or you can use it to hang small potted plants on.
Pallet Butterfly Planter Wall Art – it takes two pallets…
First, break down two pallets. Next, choose the wood and find pieces with fun and interesting character, like knot holes, etc. Then glue the boards together (or temporarily clamp). Sketch out your butterfly shape, and either attach mounting boards to the back and secure with fasteners, or reinforce the glued boards once dry and then cut out your butterfly shape. Sand the piece smooth to your liking. Next, finish – or not – or have fun with the kids and paint it like a bright-colored summertime visitor. If this is an outdoor piece, you may want to use a UV-protective Varathane or paint for durability. We finished ours with oil to protect it.
Pallet Butterfly Planter Wall Art – Safety Considerations:
Editor’s Note: Safety first! ALWAYS follow all safety guidelines:
- When using any power tool – read the manuals & wear appropriate safety gear as recommended by the manufacturer, as well as other safety precautions.
- If using any paints, solvents, sealants, paints, finishes, etc.
- Always use protective wear, including eye protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection and gloves at a minimum when dismantling pallets.
- Please don’t get near those tools while under the influence – we want you all around for a long time!
- Remember – we are not experts. This information provided is for inspiration and entertainment only.