I used about three blanks from a pallet... I chose these blanks very careful because this was one of those rare pallet projects that were actually going to reside in the house and also be possibly very visible. I wanted the result of this project to be something people like to see and not just look like a rough built thrown together.
This had to look good!
I hand picked three cedar boards that I've been saving for a while and only "processed" them once they were on the project. I went from 60 grit sand paper all the way up to 240 grit. I also went as far as giving it two coats of diamond water-based finished.
I wanted it to turn out right... But I had no idea it was going to turn out *this good*.