1001pallets.com welcomes guest bloggers from around the world. Our site features community-driven content that our readers are interested in to help them strengthen and expand their passion for woodworking utilizing upcycled materials. Successful guest blog articles are comprehensive, action-oriented, how-to style posts that educate our readers about our favorite subject – PALLETS and the Upcycled Wood movement!
Post topics may include (but are not limited to) pallet furniture, interior or exterior pallet décor, pallet bars, using pallets in your garage/man cave/she shed, home renovation, pallets in the garden, pallet pet carriers/pens, pallet playhouses, and any other interesting pallet and/or woodworking-related article that provides interesting or handy techniques, ideas, and information.
We are always looking for downloadable drawings & tutorials, DIY Video Tutorials, and Step-By-Step Tutorials.
Guest Blogging Requirements for 1001pallets.com:
- Well-written and high-quality original article related to pallets or upcycled wood, or woodworking techniques/DIY woodworking ideas.
- No duplicate content or plagiarism. Your submission must be original and only appear on 1001pallets.com. Read the content submission agreement here.
- Article that reflects the writing style/tone of 1001pallets.com blog. Proper grammar, spelling and a fun, relaxed, yet professional tone.
- Include a short, one-to-two sentence author bio including a maximum of 3 social media profile links and the author’s website (if applicable).
- Sales sites such as etsy.com and Amazon marketplace links for an individual author can be submitted and will be reviewed on an individual basis. Any links in an article are used at the sole discretion of D.Q. Network administration and its subsidiaries (www1001pallets.com, www.recyclart.org, www.1001gardens.org).
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any or all links without notice.
- Include a high-res picture to make the author bio more interesting and increase the likelihood that visitor will visit your site.
- Give proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article. The following are a few examples of how to provide proper attribution.
“…The pallet is always wood, even when it’s not.” Heather Smith, When Is A Pallet Not A Pallet
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) estimates that from 1970 to 2010, the number of dogs and cats in homes has increased from 67 million to an estimated 164 million.
- No length requirements: posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality and comprehensive. For those that like guidelines, 300-500 words are generally a minimum length for a blog post.
- Posts should be submitted in a Word document (or equivalent) with any image files (including attribution) attached separately.
If you are citing sources not located within the content of a website, follow these guidelines.
- Submissions must meet 1001pallets.com quality standards in order to get published. We review and edit every piece of content on our site to ensure that it meets and/or exceeds the guidelines above and that it provides value to our community. 1001pallets.com reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit without notice.
- Avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing), but you’re more than welcome to link to it and share it like crazy.
- Reciprocity is nice. We ask that you look for opportunities to include a link back to 1001pallets.com to one of our articles.
- If you are advertising a product or service, we offer a variety of affordable sponsored posting options. Please contact us here
How to Move Forward
- Contact us!
- Provide some background on your site and credentials.
- Pitch several interesting topic ideas.
- Once we agree on a topic, you can begin writing.
- Submit your content via email in a word document and any images with which you own the rights. If your article has large graphics (video, several photos, etc.), please let us know so that we can provide a data transfer link.
- It may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to publish due to the volume of requests we receive.