The objective was to create a garden shed using a maximum of upcycled materials to be used as a workshop/bike shed/General Storage.
Preparation took about eight months for collecting all the materials in the garden and turning the place into a general building yard!
Description of this project:
- The platform is made up of multiple different pallets fitted together and packed underneath to provide a level even surface for the main construction.
- The walls are made of 1 full + 2/3 of a Rockwool pallet (240x120) reinforced at the joints which are the load bearing points - I found a hotel being refurbished and managed to get 20 in one go.
- Roof joists are made from construction timbers - a local building site donated 6 huge 22x7x400.
- Cross support is a construction scaffolding beam found in a skip.
- OSB sheets of different thicknesses and size donated by a local company who manufacture cabins.
- EPDM roof membrane donated by a factory that installs Firestone roofing and had an offcut of 6m X 6m so no joint!
- Sides are solid pine tongue and groove - recovered from a shop which was being refitted and was going to be thrown away.
- The construction technique is all with screws - purchased!