Step-by-step instructions to build this herringbone style pallet planter:
- Dismantle pallets, I use a pallet burst ear plus bolster chisel and hammer to separate boards.
- Build the frame: I used pallet stringers to construct legs and rails into a basic box shape.
- Clad the frame with pallet boards: Cut boards at 45degrees and use them to create the herringbone pattern.
- Top the box with pallets boards, add edging to give definition.
- Add a base
- Finish to your taste, my client wishes to paint it in black gloss.