My sister needed a kid-sized potting bench for her classroom, so I mad this Classroom Pallet Potting Bench for her using pieces from two pallets.
Classroom Pallet Potting Bench:
I found two pallets and broke them down to get the pieces I needed for this child's potting bench. Additionally, I ordered some liquid pigments online that I mixed with polyurethane for the finishes you see. I finished the piece off by applying a plain finish for the top and bottom shelf and a blue metallic one for the other pieces.
Classroom Pallet Potting Bench Materials Needed:
- Copper pipe piece I had found in a dumpster at a nearby construction site.
- Wheels I had leftover from something many years ago.
- One left-over curtain rod piece that I installed at one end and bolted it in really tightly.
- The penny was something I decided to add at the very end to give the piece something interesting to the front of it that her kids may like. I bored into the wood just a tad with a spade bit and then glued in the penny.
- Two long bolts to hold the handle to the base (about 6" in length).
Fun idea! For more inspiration, look at this Potting Table idea.