This Beautiful Sturdy-legged Pallet Coffee Table is built to last! I made this from 6 pallets, and only had to spend about 20 bucks! The dimensions of this table are 1.15m x 1.15m (45.25″ x 45.25″).
Beautiful Sturdy-legged Pallet Coffee Table:
First, I dismantled six pallets. I built the legs using pallet blocks at the top and bottom, and then mounted four deck boards each. The table top is built from two layers of deck boards. I planed the boards to an even thickness and then glued the layers one-by-one. Next, I installed the legs to the bottom layer of boards. I secured the top layer of boards to the bottom layer and sanded everything smooth.
How to preserve and protect your beautiful creations like this Sturdy-legged Pallet Coffee Table:
- Good prep. Sand it down to bare wood. If you have to, strip it by chemical means if necessary. This helps the primer stick to the surface better.
- Paint. Paint is an effective UV blocker. But you need to properly prep the wood, then apply a good quality primer. You’ll also apply more than one coat of paint. Multiple coats protect from moisture AND from UV damage. It WILL happen, but it’s the same if you went out in the sun. If you’re wearing multiple layers of clothes, you’re less likely to get burned.
- If you want the natural look, use a spar varnish with UV blockers. You’ll need multiple coats of this as well.
- Seal Completely: Don’t leave ANY of the wood unfinished – seal every nook and cranny and fill all cracks. That goes for the joints, underneath, even the bottoms of the legs. Don’t think cover, think to encapsulate. Put it in a coated bubble!
- Recoat Regularly: Even the best finishes wear and break down over time when exposed to the elements, so plan on recoating your furniture every year or two.
- Protect from the Elements: If possible, protect your furniture from sun and rain. It’ll last much longer on your porch than out in the yard. Use furniture glides to raise the piece slightly off the ground, so it doesn’t sit in puddles of rainwater.