We moved to our new property and are living in a caravan until we build our home. To keep things neater, I made this Pallet Camp Kitchen Tidy. It’s an open cupboard, utensil drawer and cutlery drawer using two pallets, leftover nails, and screws. I completed it in one day. It is a bit rough, but that is how we’re living until the house is done. So it suits us perfectly, and it was the right price, FREE!
Pallet Camp Kitchen Tidy:
This was a straightforward build. First, I framed out a set of shelves using stringers, blocks for the feet, and then deck boards to create the shelves. I also made a small set of drawers by framing out a simple box, then added dividers. I made another utensil box for alongside, and we were in business!
I’m now off to build a pallet shed to store my tools and make more pallet furniture and other wonderful things. Also big thanks to juliegto for one of my next projects, check out her Top Bar Pallet Beehive. I can’t wait to taste the fresh honey.
Editor’s Note: Safety first! ALWAYS follow all safety guidelines:
- When using any power tool – read the manuals & wear appropriate safety gear as recommended by the manufacturer, as well as other safety precautions.
- If using any paints, solvents, sealants, paints, finishes, etc.
- Always use protective wear, including eye protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection and gloves at a minimum when dismantling pallets.
- Please don’t get near those tools while under the influence – we want you all around for a long time!
- Remember – we are not experts. This information provided is for inspiration and entertainment only.
PS – Excellent improvising! Additionally, We love that Top Bar Pallet Beehive and hope it inspires many people to make beehives… particularly since a few species of bees are becoming endangered. No bees = no strawberries, avocados and… COFFEE. Not good! Save your editors and make some of those beehives! :)