I got the inspiration for my Backlit Pallet Wall Art from my love of pumpkin carving, of all things! I have always been a nut over woodworking, and I have been doing artwork with lettering and painting for a while. So, I decided to finally bridge them all together, and came up with these examples! I go out searching for my pallets, and really have fun dismantling them!
How I made my Backlit Pallet Wall Art:
First, I sand everything down to a very smooth finish. I dry-fit boards, paying attention to staggering the joints. I pre-design a support frame but don’t put it together just yet. Usually, I try to find boards with a lot of character and don’t mind hardware holes or splits. I’ll just clamp it together for the time being. When the cutouts are done, I’ll mount them together by installing them onto two vertical pieces of wood. Larger pieces may require larger frames, and sometimes gluing the joints too.
Then, it’s time to start sketching! I am inspired by many things, and when I get an idea, I just go for it. I cut out the design after I’m finally satisfied with the sketch and design. You can use a jigsaw or a bandsaw, or even a hand saw if you’re only making one small piece. Then I put it all back together, installing it with a nail gun, and start the painting and/or staining, depending on the look I’m going for.
Backlit Pallet Wall Art – finishing touches:
After some detail work, you’ll end up with a 4’ tall or wide, one-of-a-kind piece of art. Sometimes I add lights, and then it becomes an entirely different piece of art at night. All of the lighting I install is battery powered and remote controlled with eight modes and a timer. You could use A/C lighting if you chose, too.
- Curve Control technology which allows you to adjust the saw's orbit in 1 of 4 customized settings
- 5 Amp variable-speed motor; up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power
- Can make 45 degree bevel cuts; with adjustable shoe for stability
- Popular Seller of STRING LIGHTS on Amazon, more than 5 million satisfied customers and growing, 12 months warranty + 6 month extended after registration, and 24/7 customer support.
- Cost effective and energy efficient. The LED String Starry Light will not overheat after many hours of usage. You can safely touch it even after 14 hours of usage. Please kindly note that the string...
- Waterproof Power Adapter, Low profile that is easy to hide away and disappear from the scene. Its safety is guaranteed with UL certification.Copper wires are also waterproof, so there is no any...