Many readers ask the question: "How do I make a clean pallet planter and how do I keep the dirt in?" Here are Tips For Keeping Dirt Inside Pallet Planters:
- Weed Block or Weed Barrier. This will allow water to drain out, but keep the dirt intact.
- You may also want to put a thin layer of mulch to help retain the water, so it doesn't dry out too fast.
- If you use a plastic material to line the planter area, you should use food-safe plastic to prevent leaching chemicals out into your foods/herbs. Also, that will not allow any excess water to drain off, so you may want to put a couple of very small holes to allow slow drainage.
- Whatever materials you use, cut to fit, then staple in place to secure.
Here is the result:
It's a simple solution that may not be the only one. If you have another technique, please comment and/or send us pictures, we'll complete and update the post!
Tips For Keeping Dirt Inside Pallet Planters - safety reminders:
Editor's Note: Safety first! ALWAYS follow all safety guidelines:
- When using any power tool - read the manuals & wear appropriate safety gear as recommended by the manufacturer, as well as other safety precautions.
- If using any paints, solvents, sealants, paints, finishes, etc.
- Always use protective wear, including eye protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection and gloves at a minimum when dismantling pallets.
- Please don't get near those tools while under the influence - we want you all around for a long time!
- Remember - we are not experts. This information provided is for inspiration and entertainment only.